Surfing Competition Snap shots
Among having some of the fastest athletes in the world, Jamaica even hosts it’s own annual international pro event, The Makka Pro, which is held at the Makka Surf Beach in Southaven in Yallahs Saint Thomas and has become one of the largest in the english speaking Caribbean and provides a stage from which to present Jamaican surfing.
The full potential of Jamaica’s surf is still to be realized. Jamaica has had a long and rich surfing history which is still being drafted today by the young bloods of the Jamaican surfing fraternity who will lead the charge into the next era of Jamaican wave riding!
~extracted from http://jamsurfas.webs.com/history.htm
Enjoy these snap shots!!
- Where is there surfing near an all inclusive resort with a calm beach? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Surf Warriors take on Virginia Beach (wtkr.com)
- Surf’s up in the U.K. (cbsnews.com)
- Learning How to Surf (watersports.answers.com)
- 2013 Makka Pro Surf Contest (dseshorts.wordpress.com)